Sunday, June 25, 2006

Ann Coulter: Deadhead

It's not Ann Coulter's delusional opinions that bother me so much as the media's tacky interest in her, and that some people think that what she has to say passes for wit. So while I generally try to maintain a de-Coulterized environment, I can't resist linking to this interview on Jambands.com (I can't tell you how fervently I believed I would never type those words) in which she purports to be a huge Grateful Dead fan. All I'll say is that it looks like Scharpling & Wurster's Hippy Johnny character is looking more eerily true-to-life all the time. Coulter puts in a good word for several popular, non-hippie acts in the article as well, so next time you're listening to Eagles of Death Metal, take comfort knowing that the author of Slander would approve. Who knows, Ann might be only an mp3 away from becoming a huge Acid Mothers Temple fan as well.

2 comments:

MKD said...

I threw up in my mouth a bit.

BayonneMike said...

Fire on the Mountain is not a rap song. It's closer to reggae. I can see how that might all sound the same to Ann.