Sunday, February 04, 2007

The Best Super Bowl Commercials

- MetLife's Glengarry Glen Ross parody w/ Tony Dungy in the Alec Baldwin role. Even with the bleeps, this was rough stuff.
- The one where the two mechanics eat the candy bar and accidentally kiss, then Peyton Manning attaches Christmas ornaments to their balls in follow-up spots throughout the night (that guy'll shill for anything).
- Bjork and Matthew Barney as married samurai taunted by a yodeling seal while stranded on a sinking iceberg for Bud Light.

Also, I didn't realize until today that the glorious Puppy Bowl takes place a couple of miles from me at the big Discovery Channel building in Silver Spring. I'm surprised College Park didn't take advantage of this close proximity to riot over the outcome.

3 comments:

Angelissima said...

Bud Light musta spent a king's ransom on those spots.

no said...

Kinda totally off topic but I met someone (an American male; born & raised in an East coast city) recently who honestly had never heard of Bjork OR Matthew Barney. Can you imagine?! Horrors!!

But seriously, I realize not everyone is into icelandic pixie music and meandering, plotless art performances that feature placentas, goats and strange mixtures of the color green. But still...

Chris said...

I don't know if I want to live in a world where someone hasn't heard of Matthew Barney. I remember I went to see the movie "National Treasure" because I just assumed from the title it was his biography. I went up to the kid at the ticket counter to demand my money back; he told me 50 other people had made the same mistake.